"To Dance Beneath the Diamond Sky with One Hand Waving Free, Silhouetted by the Sea..."

Sunday, September 21, 2008

15 People I Can Live Without--Now!!

I can tell I'm getting cranky. I didn't fall asleep until after 1:00 am and was up at the ungodly hour of 6:00 am for my son's early-morning football game. I've got the Sunday "blahs" and I just want to curl up with a good book, a blanket, a cup of tea, and Van Morrison. That's my disclaimer for what I'm about to write.

There are some people who have abused their 15 minutes (or 15 years) of fame and have w-a-a-a-y worn out their welcomes in the public arena. I realize that some of these people have already reproduced, but I would respectfully request that those who have not voluntarily remove themselves from the human gene pool NOW; one of each of you is more than enough. If you've already procreated, at least remove yourselves from the airwaves and from media of all kinds. I wish you happiness, good health, and long lives--but please do it out of public view--or at least out of my view; if I never, ever see or hear you again, it will be too soon.

1. Sarah Palin
2. Rosie O'Donnell
3. "Doctor" Phil
4. Rachael Ray
5. Paris Hilton
6. Lindsay Lohan
7. Elizabeth Hasselbeck
8. "Brangelina"--a twofer
9. "TomKat"--another twofer
10. Billy Mays (the guy with the dyed black hair and the obnoxious voice on the OxyClean commercials)
11. John Edward (the "psychic")
12. Alton Brown (from the Food Network)
13. Madonna
14. Donald Trump
15. Bill O'Reilly

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.

No comments: